The world we live in is fast paced and filled with stress and anxiety. Our lives are overwhelmed with too many hours looking at a screen and focusing on events and situations going on around us. Social media and the news consumes our lives, we forget to pay attention to the most important things in life. We tend to ignore our intuition and the nagging feeling in the pit of our stomach.
We are all born with the innate gift of intuition. It is such a powerful gift to have and most of us tend to ignore it and not put it to good use. Our intuition is our one true superpower. The definition for intuition is, “the ability to understand something immediately, without conscious reasoning.” The best way to understand it is if you remember moments in your life when you get that feeling in your gut that instinctively told you that something was right or wrong. Sometimes your intuition could be so strong especially in times when you feel like you are in danger. It is important to learn to listen to your inner guidance to help you stay on the right path.
Listening to and trusting that inner voice is what you need to do to help it grow and become stronger. Just like going to the gym to get more physically fit, we need to exercise and use our intuition to strengthen it. Here are some ways to help you do this…
- Meditation – This is a great way to clear the mind and listen to our inner guidance without all the outside distractions.
- Keep a Dream Journal – A lot of our intuitive messages come to us though our dreams. The subconscious mind sends us messages to help guide us. If you keep a journal and write down your dreams you will begin to see a pattern and understand the messages that are coming through.
- Spend Time in Nature – Get outside and enjoy nature and all the beauty in our world. It is important to disconnect from technology and feel the flow of energy and life in our surroundings. We become more grounded and centered when spending more time with nature.
- Pay Attention To Your Senses – Take note of your five senses and what you are feeling, seeing, touching, tasting, etc. The more conscious we are of our senses, it strengthens our sixth sense as well.
- Start a Creative Hobby – Find a hobby or a project that can allow you to be as creative as you want. Tapping into your creative flow can help you open up more of your intuitive abilities.
- Journaling – Start a journal to write down or brainstorm any ideas or intuitive hunches that you feel. This is a great way to keep track of whatever intuitive thoughts may come to you.
No matter what you do your intuition will always be a part of you. It is up to you if you want to strengthen it and listen to it more often. Always practice gratitude towards everything in your life good or bad. We are meant to experience life to learn from it and become a better person based on how we take the knowledge we learn into the rest of our lives.