What is the New Moon – why is it an important time to manifest?
With the new moon comes a new cycle – which is also a time to welcome new things into your life. By setting intentions on the new moon is a powerful time to allow the law of attraction to manifest changes to come to you. The energy of the new moon is much more powerful than the energy of the full moon. The full moon is the time to let go of whatever no longer serves you, while the new moon is all about making room for new and exciting changes to come in. To harness the energy of the new moon it is important to take the time to set new intentions and wishes for yourself.
What you will need
- Sage or palo santo (both is great if you have them)
- Paper and pen (or you can download my worksheet – click the link below)
- Crystals to enhance the moons power – my personal favorites are labradorite, moonstone or clear quartz.
Steps to take
- Check your lunar calendar to find out when the new moon will occur. It is best to set your intentions directly on the day of the new moon, but if you forget it is still ok to do them within 48 hours.
- Light your candles and place your crystals next to them on a surface close by. You can use any table area, just make sure they are not too far from where you will be working.
- Clear your space by using sage or palo santo. This is a process known as smudging or cleansing and will help to clear out all the negative energy surrounding you.
- Ground yourself by doing a guided meditation to help you feel centered. There are many of these available on YouTube for you to listen to. During your meditation is a good time to concentrate on what it is you want to manifest.
- Take out the paper and pen (you can use the New Moon Intention worksheet provided below) and write out your 10 intentions or wishes. Be sure to really feel into your intentions, allowing your intuition to guide you as to what you really want for yourself. Writing down your intentions is a very powerful way of putting them out there.
- When you are done writing out your intentions, say them out loud one by one. While you say them aloud, concentrate on the energy of each wish. Repeat them as many times as you like. You can hold onto these intentions until the following month so you can see if you were able to manifest what you wanted.
- Close out the ritual by saying thank you and sitting with your crystals until you feel it is time to blow out the candles.
- Repeat this ritual every month!
On the new moon plant a seed to align yourself with the direction of your soul’s growth